Celebrity Worship's Contribution to Teenagers' Impulsive Buying of K-Pop Fans
The purpose of this study was to determine the dimensions of the absorption contribution of celebrity adoration to the impulsive buying behavior of young K-Pop fans, to determine the dimensions of the contribution of addiction to celebrity worship to the impulsive buying behavior of young K-Pop fans, to determine the contribution of absorption and addiction to celebrity worship. as a whole on the impulsive buying behavior of adolescent K-Pop fans. The population in this study is all K-popers in Indonesia with statistical results showing a proportion of 23% of the 100 million K-popers in the world. In this study using a non-probability sampling technique, namely purposive sampling. This type of research is quantitative. The research results show that celebrity worship behavior contributes to the impulsive buying behavior of young K-Pop fans with a sample of 258 teenagers spread across several islands in Indonesia. The absorption dimension contributed 32.5% to the impulsive buying behavior of young K-Pop fans while the addiction dimension contributed 30.7% to the impulsive buying behavior of young K-Pop fans. Celebrity worship uses the F test to see the overall effect on consumptive behavior, namely the celebrity worship variable (absorption and addiction) has a significant influence on adolescent impulsive buying behavior in purchasing products related to idols of 63.2% and the remaining 36.8 % influenced by other factors.
Asrie, N. D., & Misrawati, D. (2020). Celebrity worship dan Pembelian impulsif pada Penggemar KPOP Idol. Journal of Psychological Perspective, 2(2), 91–100. https://doi.org/10.47679/jopp.022.12200008
Lawry, Aaron Charles. (2013). The Role of Parasocial Interaction and Social Media Participation in The Two Step Flow of Communication. Dissertation. The Journal of Health Psychology, 7(3), 73-87.
Maltby, J., Day, L., Mccutcheon, L. E., Houran, J., & Ashe, D. (2006). Extreme celebrity worship, fantasy proneness and dissociation: Developing the measurement and understanding of celebrity worship within a clinical personality context. The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. 40(7), 273–283. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2005.07.004
Maltby, John, dkk. (2003). A Clinical Interpretation of Attitudes and Behaviors Associated with Celebrity Worship. The Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 191(1), 56-75.
Maltby, J., Houran, J., dan McCutcheon, L.E. (2003). A Clinical Interpretation Of Attitudes and Behaviors Associated with Celebrity Worship. The journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. 191(1), 25-2.
Naim, Fuadh. (2018). #PernahTenggelam. Yogyakarta: Underblack Press.
Rojek, C. (2012). Fame attack: The inflation of Celebrity and its consequences. New York: Bloomsburry Publishing Inc.
Rook, D. W., & Fisher, R. J. (1995). Normative Influences on Impulsive Buying Behavior. Journal of Consumer Research, 22(3), 305. https://doi.org/10.1086/209452